Topic: Sunday Worship Passage: 2 Timothy 2:8–2:13, Psalm 22:27, 1 Corinthians 15:1–15:19
September 8, 2019 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
2 Timothy 2:8-13
- By R______________ing Christ’s Resurrection. (vs. 8)
- Jesus is a descendant of David.
- Jesus is R________!
- Because God’s Word is UnC____________. (vs. 9b)
- Paul S__________ed for preaching Christ.
- Paul was B________ in shackles.
- For the sake of the E________. (vs. 10)
- That they may be S________.
- That they might have E____________ life.
- Because we will L______ and R________ with Him. (vss. 11-12)
- Because He remains F______________. (vs. 13)
- He cannot D______ Himself.
2 Timothy 2:8-13 (English Standard Version)
8 Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel, 9 for which I am suffering, bound with chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound! 10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 The saying is trustworthy, for:
If we have died with Him, we will also live with Him;
12 if we endure, we will also reign with Him;
if we deny Him, He also will deny us;
13 if we are faithless, He remains faithful—
for He cannot deny Himself.