Keep the Faith
Topic: Sunday Worship Passage: 2 Timothy 4:6–4:8, Isaiah 53:10–53:12, Luke 22:20, Philippians 2:17
November 10, 2019 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
KEEP THE FAITH! * 2 Timothy 4:6-8
- BY P______ING YOURSELF OUT FOR OTHERS:
- Because that’s what J_____ did for us. (see Isaiah 53:10-12 & Luke 22:20)
- Because that’s what P_____ did. (see Philippians 2:17)
- BY F__________ING STRONG:
- Fighting the G______ fight.
- C____________ing the C__________.
- BY L______ING FOR THE LORD’S A__________ING:
- Looking forward to receiving a C________ of righteousness.
- Looking forward to meeting the righteous J________.
- L____ing the D____ of His return.
2 Timothy 4:6-8 (English Standard Version)
6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
- Chapter 1 memory verse (vs.7)
…for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
- Chapter 2 memory verse (vs. 2)
…and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
- Chapter 3 memory verse (vs. 12)
Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted…
- Chapter 4 memory verse (vs. 7)
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.