PREACH THE WORD!
Topic: Sunday Worship Passage: 2 Timothy 4:1–4:5
November 3, 2019 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
PREACH THE WORD! * 2 Timothy 4:1-5
- BY BEING R________:
- In Season-
- Out of Season-
- BY R__________ING, REBUKING, & E__________ING:
- With complete P______________-
- With teaching-
- B____________ DIFFICULT DAYS ARE COMING:
- When people will not endure S________ teaching-
- When people will turn away from the T________-
- BY BEING S________-MINDED:
- E________ing S__________ing-
- Doing the W______ of an evangelist-
- F____________ing your ministry-
2 Timothy 4:1-5 (English Standard Version)
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.5 As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
- Chapter 1 memory verse (vs.7)
…for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
- Chapter 2 memory verse (vs. 2)
…and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
- Chapter 3 memory verse (vs. 12)
Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted…
- Chapter 4 memory verse (vs. 7)
I have fought the good fight,
I have finished the race,
I have kept the Faith.