Christmas according to John 1: Redemption
Topic: Christmas Passage: John 1:29–1:34, 1 Peter 1:17–1:21, Psalm 103:8–103:13
December 24, 2019 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
REDEMPTION vss. 29-34
- REVIEW: Who is God? What has He done? Who are we & what shall we do?
- CREATION (vs. 1-5)
- PREPARATION (vss. 6-8, 19-28)
- REJECTION (vss. 9-13)
- INCARNATION (vss. 14-18)
- WHO IS JESUS & WHAT HAS HE DONE?
- Before and After:
- He is the Lamb of God. (vss. 29, 36)
- He takes away the sin of the world.
- He is the Son of God. (vs. 34)
- WHO ARE WE AND HOW SHALL WE LIVE?
- We have God’s revelation in full. We must embrace Jesus or miss knowing Him.
- We can’t keep Christ in the C__________. Nor can we keep Him in the T______!
John 1:29-34 (ESV)
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a man who ranks before me, because He was before me.’ 31 I myself did not know Him, but for this purpose I came baptizing with water, that He might be revealed to Israel.”
32 And John bore witness: “I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and it remained on Him. 33 I myself did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.”