Christmas According to John 1: REJECTION
December 15, 2019 Series: Christmas according to John 1
Topic: Christmas Passage: John 1:9–13, John 3:21, Galatians 3:23–29, Romans 8:12–17, John 3:1–8
December 15, 2019 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
REJECTION, vss. 9-13
- WHO IS J________? (vs. 9)
- Jesus is the T______ Light.
- WHAT HAS JESUS DONE? (vss. 10-11)
- He M______ the world.
- He came into the “world.”
- He came to His “own.”
- WHO ARE WE AND HOW SHALL WE LIVE? (vss. 12-13)
- Only those that R____________ Christ B__________ children of God.
- Everyone gets light but the world does not K______ Jesus.
- B________________ are B______ of God.
- We must be born of the S__________. (see John 3:1-8)
- We will then be C________________, which is to respond to God in faith and repentance.
John 1:9-13 (ESV)
The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, yet the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own people did not receive Him.
12 But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.