Christmas according to John 1: Incarnation
Topic: Christmas Passage: John 1:14–1:18, Colossians 1:19
December 22, 2019 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
INCARNATION, vss. 14-18
WHO IS JESUS?
- He is the Word, God’s one and only Son. (vs. 14)
- He comes B__________ John. (vs. 15)
- He came from the Father and is now at the Father’s side. (vss. 14, 18)
WHAT HAS JESUS DONE?
- He became “flesh.” (vs. 14)
- He D________among us. (vs. 14)
- He E___________ God to us. (vs. 18)
WHO ARE WE AND HOW SHALL WE LIVE?
- We have been V____________ by God and are recipients of G________.
- We need to see His G________. (vs. 14)
- We must receive His grace. (vs. 16)
John 1:14-18 (ESV)
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 (John bore witness about Him, and cried out, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because He was before me.’”)
16 For from His fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, He has made Him known.