LIVING HOPE #28: Salutations
January 24, 2021 Series: Living Hope
Topic: Sunday Worship Passage: 1 Peter 5:12–14, 3 John 1:4, 2 Timothy 4:11b
January 24, 2021 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
LIVING HOPE #28:
1 Peter 5:12-14
A) INSIGHTS INTO THE BODY OF CHRIST
1. Peter considers Silvanus (Silas) to be a F______________ brother.
2. Churches are made up of a collection of C__________ people.
3. Peter considers Mark to be a S____ in the Faith.
B) IMPLICATIONS FOR CHRISTIANS TODAY
- Like the original audience, we are to listen to the E____________________ and D_____________________ of the apostle:
- H__________ yourself -or- be H____________.
- Be S________-minded and H______ in Christ.
- Do G______ and endure S________________ for the Faith.
- Keep L__________ one another.
- We are to Stand F_________ in the T______ G________ of God.
- We are to G________ one another with brotherly A________________.
1 Peter 5:12-14 (ESV)
By Silvanus, a faithful brother as I regard him, I have written briefly to you, exhorting and declaring that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it. 13 She who is at Babylon, who is likewise chosen, sends you greetings, and so does Mark, my son. 14 Greet one another with the kiss of love.
Peace to all of you who are in Christ.
3 John 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
2 Timothy 4:11b Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is very useful to me for ministry.