LIVING HOPE #18: Oneness in the Church
Topic: Sunday Worship Passage: 1 Peter 3:8–3:12, Ephesians 4:1–4:6, Philippians 2:1–2:8
September 20, 2020 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
LIVING HOPE #18:
Oneness in the Church
1 Peter 3:8-12
A) P________ IN THE CHURCH (vs. 8)
- Our intention must be for U________.
- We must express S______________.
- Our love is to be brotherly.
- We should interact T______________.
- We must view one another with H_______________.
B) PRACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS (vss. 9-11)
1. Words- not R______________
a) R_______________ from evil
b) T______________ in character
2. Actions- not R________________ evil
a) R__________ of sins
b) P__________ peace
C) PROMISE OF BLESSING (vss. 9b, 12)
Because we are C________ to bless others & to obtain a blessing, we can believe that:
- God will S____ our good deeds.
- He will H______ our prayers (H______________, remember vs. 7b)
1 Peter 3:8-12 (ESV)
8 Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.
9 Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.
10 For “Whoever desires to love life
and see good days,
let him keep his tongue from evil
and his lips from speaking deceit;
11 let him turn away from evil and do good;
let him seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
and His ears are open to their prayer.
PCA MEMBERSHIP VOW #5
“Do you S__________ yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its P__________ and P________?”