LIVING HOPE #8: Philadelphia Freedom
Topic: Sunday Worship Passage: 1 Peter 1:22–1:25, 1 Peter 2:1, 1 Peter 4:8–4:10, Galatians 3:8
July 5, 2020 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
LIVING HOPE #8:
1 Peter 1:22-25
A) What are we to do?
- Love one another.
B) Why are we to do it?
- Since Christ has Purifed our souls.
- Because we’ve been Born Again through the living and abiding Word of God.
C) How are we to do it?
- Earnestly, sincerely, and from the heart
2. By putting aside all Malice, deceit, hypocrisy, Eny and slander (s. 2:1)
3. By showing Hospitality (see 4:8-10)
4. By employing our spiritual Gifts to Server one another
1 Peter 1:22-25 (ESV)
22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, 23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God; 24 for
“All flesh is like grass
and all its glory like the flower of grass.
The grass withers,
and the flower falls,
25 but the word of the Lord remains forever.”
And this word is the good news that was preached to you.
1 Peter 2:1 So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander.
1 Peter 4:8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. 9 Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace