We Are GPC, Part 2 Fellowship
Passage: Ecclesiastes 4:9–4:12, Hebrews 3:13, Philippians 2:1–2:5
February 23, 2020 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
#7: WE ARE GPC, Part 2- FELLOWSHIP
- WE ARE GPC OVERVIEW:
- Worship 2) F__________ship 3) D______________ship
- What it’s not!
- Koinonia means S______ing or P______icipation.
- It is absolutely V________ that we build relationships within the Body of Christ.
B) Biblical Basis
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (synergy)
- Hebrews 3:13 (necessity)
- Philippians 2:1-5 (unity)
C) Living it Out
- Small Groups
- Men’s & Women’s Fellowships
- Fellowship E__________ such as quarterly meals
- H_____________: remember, The Gospel Comes with a House Key!
Scripture Readings (ESV, emphases mine)
Ecclesiastes 3 9 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. 10 For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! 11 Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? 12 And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
- Hebrews 3 12 Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. 13 But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end.
- Acts 242 And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.
- Philippians 2 (NASB) 1Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, 2 make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. 3 Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; 4 do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. 5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus…