Christmas according to John 1: Creation
Topic: Sunday Worship Passage: John 1:1–1:5, Genesis 1:1–1:5, Acts 17:22–17:31
December 1, 2019 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
CREATION, vss. 1-5
- WHO IS GOD?
- The Lord is our M________. (compare to Genesis 1:1-5)
- Jesus is the W______ of God.
- He is E____________.
- He was present (and A__________) at Creation.
- WHAT HAS GOD DONE?
- God M______ the heavens and the earth.
- Jesus made E________thing!
- See Acts 17:22-31 and Colossians 1:15-20
- WHO ARE WE AND HOW SHALL WE LIVE?
- All human beings are made in the I________ of God.
(This is why we believe in the sanctity of A___ human life.)
- We must believe that Jesus is the L________ of the world.
- We must R__________ and believe in the R______________tion.
John 1:1-5 (ESV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Genesis 1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.