Topic: Sunday Worship Passage: 2 Timothy 3:10–3:13
October 20, 2019 Rev. Thomas M. Cox
PERSECUTION * 2 Timothy 3:10-13
- PAUL’S MINISTRY
- T_________ing- (What you S____)
- C_______________- (What you D__)
- Character- (W____ you A____)
- PAUL’S HARDSHIPS
- PAUL’S D_______________ANCE
- The Lord R_____________ him.
- PAUL’S PROMISE:
2 Timothy 3:10-13 (English Standard Version)
10 You, however, have followed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness,11 my persecutions and sufferings that happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra—which persecutions I endured; yet from them all the Lord rescued me. 12 Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
- Chapter 1 memory verse (vs.7)
…for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
- Chapter 2 memory verse (vs. 2)
…and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
- Chapter 3 memory verse (vs. 12)
Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted…