Join me in Suffering
Topic: Sunday Worship Passage: 2 Timothy 2:3–2:8
JOIN ME IN SUFFERING * 2 Timothy 2:3-8
- AS A SOLDIER
- Who is not En________________ in civilian pursuits.
- Who A________ to P__________ the One who enlisted him.
- Who is called to a D________________ed life. (focus)
- LIKE AN ATHLETE
- Who is not C____________ for cheating.
- Who must C____________ according to the R________.
- Who is called to a D____________ed life. (honor, integrity)
- LIKE A FARMER
- Who works H______.
- Who enjoys the first-fruits of his L__________.
- Who is called to a D______________ life (industrious)
- BY R______________ING JESUS
- He is the C__________ —the Seed of David.
- He is R________ from the dead!
- Knowing Him includes power and also S__________ing. (see Phil. 3:10)
2 Timothy 2:3-8 (ESV)
Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. 5 An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. 6 It is the hard-working farmer who ought to have the first share of the crops. 7 Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.
8 Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel.
(NIV) Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer. 5 Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor’s crown unless he competes according to the rules. 6 The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops. 7 Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this. 8 Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel.
Philippians 3 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.